Skip to main content

Postproduction, Week 10, Project Blog

 


Postproduction

Hi and welcome back to my blog,

This week I am going to talk about how my group project has been going for Online Shaming & Cancel Culture video project.

The project has been going okay, Jenny and I from my group started to record this week as the other girls were out sick. The group had made plans three times to meet up over this month, but the girls had to cancel it over being out sick.

I have been continuing to create my animation and adding the voice-over to it. I have also started to create the credits for the video, and I made three graphics for the video. I created a file of images of celebrities with references.

I went to Jennifer’s house, and I recorded her reading the script and I recorded myself reading the script also. Jennifer and I plan to record some more before submission.

Before submission, there is still a good bit we need to get done. I would liken to have the recordings done and would like to start to edit because I feel there might not be enough time to make it as good as we wished. So, we must still finish the recordings, create the film, and add in sound. We still must upload online and add in captions.  I have the order in which the video will go, Introduction with the title followed by the animation talking about Online Shaming, then it will be Cancel Culture which will be filmed and photos of celebrities coming in the video when talking about them, finished with a conclusion.

The group project has been a little bit tough because it has been hard to plan which we stick together with the work, but then I realise that the time is nearly up for the project and that I will have to finish it alone if no one sends me a recording.

The specific role I am doing is directing and editing, making a file of images of celebrities, and adding my own animation and graphics to the video before editing.

I am finding it a little bit frustrating is that when I recorded Jennifer reading the script the video would not upload to Adobe Premiere Pro, so I will try ad use Abode Spark and see if the video will work from there, I think I didn’t work because it was a webcam file, I think will be better from the phone’s camera than the webcam on a laptop.

So I will get a move on with this project and start to edit the film this week to see how it goes and how everything looks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...