Skip to main content

Another Revision, Week 9, Reading Task

pixabay photo

Hi welcome back to my blog,

The blogs I reviewed were Ryan's Blog for the week 3 reading task and Milo's Blog for the week 6 video task. I think they both did a great job on their blogs, I could just give them suggestions to add the source from where they got their opinion. 

I learned from the comments on my blog that I have to start implying my experiences and feelings on the subject from Finn and that I should also add a conclusion paragraph to wrap it all up from Chloe. I also learned from Adam that he liked how I sourced the information on my blog and the way I lay it out. When I did the revise on my blog I implied the feedback which helped me a lot to know what I should be doing. Finn also gave me two good questions to help me make my blog clearer. They were “what’s the difference between Ethics and Morals” so I changed the paragraph to make it clearer on my revised blog. He also asked me “if I had any other examples of dark patterns and have I experienced them anywhere”, so I added a paragraph with my feelings and experiences on dark patterns.

From the readings this week I have learned that applying feedback principles can help you when giving feedback. To prepare, scan the feedback, walk away and reflect, re-read and ask, and prioritize your writing. I learned it is also useful to have a revision journal. YouTube video on academic guides writing process revising.

I learned a brilliant tip from Chapter 14, Making the most of feedback, created from ITB 2021

To always read your feedback. It’s there to point out specific aspects of your work that aren’t being handled as effectively as they could be. Use it to make future submissions better, help to develop your structure and style, and knowledge. 

pixabay photo

I learned a brilliant tip from Chapter 14, Making the most of feedback, created from ITB 2021

To always read your feedback. It’s there to point out specific aspects of your work that aren’t being handled as effectively as they could be. Use it to make future submissions better, help to develop your structure and style, and knowledge. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...