Skip to main content

Looking Back, Week 12, Project Task



Image made by me Kelly Hughes

Hi and welcome back to my blog,

This week I am going to be looking back on the group project.

The project had been going okay at the start. I asked my group mates to send me some videos of them reading the script, no one got back so I made my own video just in case they were not able to. I uploaded it to YouTube to see if it worked, and it did so that was great the only issue I had was some edit issues with sound which I plan on fixing and re-uploading.


Free pixabay image

Then two of my friends from the group Jennifer and Kate sent me some videos of themselves reading the script on which I plan to put into the video also and taking some of my parts out. I feel the overall project was a bit messy because we had planned to meet up a few times, but every time I went to meet them, they wouldn’t be in, and sometimes no message to explain why.  I had no videos to make the project which resulted that I made a video for the group, I asked the group again if they had any videos to send me and they said they would the next day. I told them that I had made a video, then they sent me some videos which was great.


I am proud of the video; I think the information we talked about was educational to the viewers. The video is how I imagined it, but I thought the animation would have been better, but it was my first time trying to make one. I think the video does a good job of educating our audience on Online Shaming and Cancel Culture.

I would apply in future project work that we all must meet up when we agreed to and can’t leave it for the last week to send videos that will have to be edited.

Overall, I am happy that we got a video done for the group project, I was worried that we would have missed the deadline. I think the video could have been better had I had more time to fix the edits such as the background noise and any stutters but for our first video and our first group project, I think we did a good job. 



Online Shaming & Cancel Culture Project Blog on YouTube

Graphics made by me Kelly Hughes.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...