Skip to main content

Rewrite #3, Week 10

 Free pixabay photo


Rewrite #3

Link to Original Blog : Week 5, Video Task

To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production.

In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart, he shared that if you’re going to be working with anything got to do with design thinking, it is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint as a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs  (Jonathan, 2020).

The three stages of Production are first Pre-production, this is where you would write dialog, find the cast and crew, find out locations, look for props or costumes, think about the budget how much everything will cost and than make a production schedule. The second is the Production stage that is where you would principal photography, it usually is the most expensive stage, sometimes it can lead to no point return and Production ends with a WRAP. Lastly, is the Post-production which usually means finishing picture editing, adding visual effects, fixing the colour correction, or grading and adding sound effects and music. It can be the longest part of production that could take weeks to months to years.

I never knew that there was that many stages to production, I was aware about some parts such as production where the main filming happens and that editing can take sometimes years like how Avatar took years to produce no wonder with the amazing visual effects.

My thoughts on production process are that it depends what film or video you are making but all videos should have a process that helps you organise and give more structure to the content. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking to help you with production process. The video might be a short video and no budget so you can’t make the best video, but you can fill it with the most important content that is easy to understand.


Free Pixabay photo

For me the most useful information discussed in the video that would help me with my group project would be, to organise effectively and to start off with questions like what your story idea is and do it in three stages which would be Pre-production, Production and Post-production. For my group project I will have to learn how to start making a video. Firstly, come up with a script from our group. Then I will have to think about the location and what materials I have to film and sound, after that I will have to think about doing principal photography which ends with a wrap. Lastly, I will have to finish picture editing and visual effects and add sound effects and music which is the longest part of production. Then test and see how it is, fixing any mistakes and then publishing  (Booth, 2014).

I would like to try applying all the aspects discussed above, but I would love to learn how to make motion graphics which would be great for videos, I would like to apply all the aspects discussed above but I know I don’t have a budget and location will have the be the group member’s home.

 

Bibliography

Booth, J.-M. (2014, Jan 13). Film Production Stages - Five Minute Film School. Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5EoMcoUI2Q

Griffin. (2019, March 22). 4 Easy Steps to Film a Short Documentary. Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-K_XbCLtVk

Jonathan, A. &. (2020, Feb 4). YouTube. Retrieved from What is Design Thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGN6hs2gZY&t=5s

Rob, S. F. (2018, May 23). The Process of Making a Documentary: Pre to Post Production. Retrieved from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hPFlGiAwEM&t=11s

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...