Skip to main content

Peer Review #2, Week 8, Reading task


Free image from Pixabay

Hello welcome back to my blog, Today I will talk about my experience from my second peer review, and how it is going. I now have an idea what to be looking for, such as if they have the correct title, image, image source, and other sources. Since I don’t like criticizing my peer’s work in a harsh way, so I chose the idea of feedforward, because people don’t take it as personally as feedback. Doing this meant I could focus on the good qualities of the blog post rather than pointing out the bad. I like to give useful suggestions for their future blogs, that might be useful when viewers are reading. I kept SPARK in mind which is a great help to stick to comments which are related to the post. SPARK teaching-students-give-peer-feedback

The Journal Article called “ The Power of Giving Feedback and Receiving Feedback in Peer Assessment” Volume 11, Number 2,(Summer 2019) Lan Li, Valentina Grion, came in very helpful. This journal is aimed for students to explore learning experiences by either having to give feedback or receive feedback, this helps as it can benefit you when you notice something from another persons blog that you can also use on your own. 

I found giving feedback on these two blogs was hard, each blog was different in good ways. It was hard to come up with questions when they had done such great jobs in their blogs. One blog I could comment saying that they never referenced what journal they based their blog on. The other blog was pretty much perfect they had all their sources in place and images with source and they had great way they arranged their blog which made it pleasing to the viewer.

The two blogs I gave feedback on was Ryan's and Milo's, here is the links to their blogs

Milo's Blog

Ryan's Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...