Skip to main content

Starting Out, Week 5, Project task

 


Starting out with my project I am covering online shaming and cancel culture in the project which can consists of public call outs, cancellation of celebrities and influencers, negative reviews, responding to videos & treads, positive social accountability, or cyber bulling.

The progress and contribution I have been working on with my group project has been consistently turning up to labs and lectures each week and taking notes. Watching YouTube videos to learn more about filming and audio, both during my free time and on my weekly tasks and blogs.  I have also been trying out video editing also. 

 I learned to Master your camera in 20 minutes James Mccranie

How to shoot Cinematic video with a smartphone  

 and to record better sound with a smartphone.

The section which I will lead is trying to organize who will do what in the group, I will also try to do animations for the first time for the video, if I can’t do it to a good quality then we will go with pictures with audio and shooting some people talking to help explain the topic and their views on it. I will plan a meeting and see what ideas we each have came up with, and start to make a script for what part I will be talking in. I will buy a lapel mic for the audio for the video, which will come in use during the future for more videos. 

The first step I will need to do for my project is to research my topic and find some facts that I will be able to use in my project. The second thing I will do is to see what resources I have available to me in terms of cameras, audio recording equipment and lighting. What apps I can use and download to help me put the video together and edit, and another app to make the animation.

I am interested in this topic because it’s a worldwide problem that can impact people’s lives with online shaming which can be a variety of stories ranging from racist actions to homophobic actions to pedophile, which our society is using the internet to publicly shame others for their actions. The main specific areas that interest me the most would be with the likes of Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star being cancelled for allegations regarding their past and behavior, other influencers have been met with similar controversies. Social media is an interesting place, but it can be extremely hostile and toxic when you encounter the wrong people. Celebrities nowadays face being cancelled by social media users, particularly Twitter, if they support a controversial figure or say something racist or sexist, or for being an awful person overall. The group is searching as a unit about online shaming and cancel culture the negatives and positives. We will take a negative or positive side each to research and come up with facts about it and information on celebrities and influencers to talk about during the video. After I do research the nest step, I will take will be to pitch my idea to my group and see what they think. Once that’s done then I will concentrate on treatment, script, scouting and casting.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...