Skip to main content

Revising writing, Week 6, Reading task



During my rewriting process on my blog week 3 reading task, I used the comments as a guide to help me write from a personal aspect. I learned for my next peer review to give comments that will help them when it comes around to doing the rewriting it will benefit them to better their blog. I learned that it's good to break down facts and use a numbered list when giving information and that my blog post was clearly laid out. I was happy to rewrite my blog post because I knew I wanted to change it from a personal view rather than an article. The comments really helped me to change my post because they were really specific on what they thought such as “. I liked when Kelly broke down facts into bullet points to make them more precise. When Kelly gave her point of view it showed that she researched her topic thoroughly and it made her blog more relatable.  Jenny”, “The post is very clearly laid out, and the paragraphs are concise and informative. “  In conclusion, all of the rewriting experience helped me to learn to write from a personal aspect and add more images to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

The first comment was from Jonathan Jonathan's Blog

The second comment was from Jenny which their comment post was made private. 


-Kelly

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...