Skip to main content

Peer Review #1, Week5, Reading Task


 

My experience from peer review...

 I have learned from doing feedback that it isn’t easy. To be able to put your point across in a nice way, learning how to change my mindset on feedback and how I feel when I must give feedback. I don’t like criticizing my peer’s work in a harsh way, so I chose the idea of feedforward, because people do not take it as personally as feedback rather, they tend to listen more attentively to feedforward than feedback. I tried doing feedforward instead of feedback. Doing this meant I could focus on the good qualities of the blog post rather than pointing out the bad. Giving suggestions for the future blogs that might help them achieve a positive change in their blogging.

In the article Marshall Goldsmith it has eleven reasons to try feedforward one of my favorite ones is number two. It can be more productive to help people learn to be “right,” than prove they were “wrong.” Negative feedback often becomes an exercise in “let me prove you were wrong.” This tends to produce defensiveness on the part of the receiver and discomfort on the part of the sender. Even constructively delivered feedback is often seen as negative as it necessarily involves a discussion of mistakes, shortfalls, and problems. Feedforward, on the other hand, is almost always seen as positive because it focuses on solutions – not problems. (Goldsmith, n.d.) Marshall Goldsmith

I always doubt my own work, but I know that everything can not be perfect the first time you do it, so I know how it feels when someone is going to be giving feedback on your work. I would rather learn from it and take it on board, in a positive way and take it as good criticism than to think that their opinion is wrong and think badly about it.

I found giving feedback on two blogs was hard, each blog was different in good ways. It was hard to come up with questions when I felt I knew the information. The two blogs were great I couldn’t really fault them I think they did great jobs in their own way.

The two blogs I gave feedback on was Kailan's and Zoe's, here is the links to their blogs...

Study skills, active reading and media literacy (kailanp.blogspot.com)

Media Literacy and Active Reading (zoesidmblog.blogspot.com)

Image Reference

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Process, Week 5, Video task

  My thoughts on production process... To me design thinking is a philosophy and a set of tools to help you solve problems creatively. It is also a production process that helps you to organise effectively. It can be loosely divided into three stages these are Pre-production, Production and Post-production. I think it is important to be aware and learn about design thinking and various stages associated with design thinking. In the YouTube video by Aj & Smart by Johnathan Courtney CEO at AJ & Smart he shared that if you’re going to working with anything got to do with design thinking, is innovation taking the philosophy of design thinking and learning using something like the design sprint. As a recipe to run design thinking. I think digital media products that could apply design thinking to would be, films, documentaries, podcasts, vlogs.   Aj & Smart by Johnathan What takes place in the three stages of Production is first Pre-production, This is where ...

Rewrite #1, Week 6

  Free Pixabay Photo Original Blog Post In today's blog, I will talk about my understanding of this paper by Ernest Balajthy "Wiley International Literacy Association" Feb 1984.  In my reading, I found that the main focus of this paper was how to help you study better. S ome practices use the term known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time for example 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming in study sessions, this way you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session. That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming.  Spacing allows you to have the opportunity to think and analyze the information critically and widen the viewpoint linked to helping you evaluate critically. I think ...

Active Reading, week 3, Reading task

Image reference Spaced practice or spaced repetition. WILEY INTERNATIONAL LITERACY ASSOCIATION. Date paper was written: February 1984   My understanding of the topic: This is some practices known as spaced practice or distributed practice. By “ spacing” learning activities out over time  for example, 1 to 2 hours every other day, or at least once per week, rather than a 12-hour marathon cramming session, you will be able to learn more information and retain it longer. Undoubtedly, the spaced repetition method  is far better than cramming everything in a single study session . That said it is good to note that, manually planning these repetitions can be quite overwhelming. Retention is automatic with comprehension and can be predicted by analyzing the text structure, others suggest by interacting factors meaning learning directly and indirectly is a better way to study. Using student-constructed questions to encourage active reading.   Learners have...